Advertising Research Director
New York, NY
Location: New York, New York
Salary: $135-170k + bonus
Contact: Lindsey Bartlett - email@example.com
A major network located in NYC is looking for a new Advertising Research Director supporting the ad sales function.
- Create data-driven insights to prove the network is the best vehicle for reaching advertiser's objectives
- Deliver narratives using syndicated and primary research tools
- Manages staff
- Own projects from conceptualization to dissemination
- Presenting research through storytelling to clients for new and existing work
- Advanced knowledge of TV measurement and has solid understanding of cross-platform methodologies
- Obtains and allocates resources to meet operating plans.
- Builds and enhances key relationships with internal contacts and external relationships with vendors
- Strong knowledge of media industry required
- 7-8+ years of linear, digital and/or direct-to-consumer research experience and relevant software applications.
- Bachelor's degree required; masters or graduate degree highly desirable
- Experience with linear and digital performance research, strong knowledge of Nielsen and related software systems required i.e.: Nielsen Suite (NPower, AdViews, Buyer Insights, Catalina Solutions, etc, Star Trak, NMI, NBI), MRI, IMS Clear Decisions.
- Able to read and interpret comScore reporting and be familiar with digital metrics including Adobe
- Proven ability to design and implement custom research studies.
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint, Pivot Tables and Macros is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to present insights and recommendations persuasively, in a compelling, easy to understand manner.