MEDICAL SCIENCE LIAISON HEMATOLOGY
Location: Boston, MA & CT, MA, RI, VT, NH, ME
Job Category: R&D
The Medical Science Liaison Hematology (MSL) is a field force based scientific expert that strategically supports the research and business objectives of the hematology therapeutic area across the product life cycle. This MSL is the primary communicator of science in the Northeast territory with healthcare professionals. This MSL position is viewed as peer to peer scientific experts in the hematologic therapeutic area. This position must combine strong business acumen, market awareness, as well as clinical expertise, while serving as a conduit of information and field medical insight to an internal cross-functional stakeholder group. Based on therapeutic needs and product life cycles, MSL teams will focus on certain responsibilities to a greater or lesser degree.
Medical Science Liaison Hematology Key Responsibilities Include:
1. External Expert (EEs) and Key Opinion Leader (KOLs) cultivation: Identifies, accesses and develops professional based peer to peer relationships with EEs and KOLs in hematology within assigned geography.
2. Provides hematology education and disease state awareness across the product lifecycle to healthcare providers (HCPs) and researchers.
3. Serves as a medical and scientific resource to HCPs by answering unsolicited medical questions, and addressing other clinically related medical information issues.
4. Clinical trials - Supports research initiatives across development at the request of R&D that includes site evaluation and identification, recruitment, investigator meetings, EE/KOLidentification, and study management.
5. Project management - Works with internal Medical Affairs customers to develop and execute a territory plan designed to support and meet shared business objectives.
6. Maintains internal database relating to activities in their territory.
7. Prepares marketplace in new therapeutic areas including creating awareness and relationships in the medical community.
8. Serves as a scientific resource to commercial partners when appropriate to support mutually beneficial activities
9. Self Development - Develops and communicates a professional growth plan that continually educates self on global market issues, trends, and product knowledge as it pertains to specific business responsibilities in key therapeutic areas.
Medical Science Liaison Hematology Basic Requirements:
1. Advanced degree required (i.e. PharmD, MD/DO, PhD, PA or NP).
2. Doctorate strongly preferred in a health science or clinical discipline.
3. Significant industry experience in hematology may be accepted in lieu of education requirements.
4. At least two years of clinical, scientific research or industry related experience or equivalent required.
5. The MSL must possess advanced problem solving and analytic skills to be able to identify and translate specific territory and corporate.
Visa Candidates not Considered
Medical Science Liaison Hematology Compensation
1. Base Salary - Competitive
2. Full-time Benefits
3. Relocation Assistance Available - No
4. Commission Compensation - No
5. Bonus Eligible - Yes
6. Overtime Eligible - No
7. Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
MSL CANDIDATE DETAILS
1. 2 to 5 years MSL experience
2. Management Experience Required - No
3. Minimum Education - Terminal Degree