Director of Credit Risk
San Antonio, TX 78288
Title: Director of Credit Risk
Location: San Antonio, TX
Salary: Up to 160k base
Contact: Sean Murphy - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Director of Credit Risk will develop and oversee a team of analysts to develop analytical models, risk analytics, and strategies in support of market, credit and operational risks of the financial product line. The Director of Credit Risk will apply multiple analytical/quantitative approaches, formulate conclusions and make informed recommendations to solve different business problems. The individual should be prepared to lead the team to establish credit risk appetite in an investments portfolio. The work will include the application of advanced analytics such as model development, validation, governance, credit risk analytics and large scale data analysis. The Director of Credit Risk will also communicate all analytical findings and modeling solutions to governance committees, regulatory bodies and senior management. Other ad-hoc duties may include implementation of risk controls, managing vendor relationships and other assorted risk functions.
Requirements for Director of Credit Risk Include:
- Master's Degree in a quant discipline (Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, etc) Ph.D. Highly preferred!
- Six (6) or more years of professional US Based work experience within credit risk and analytics in a financial services environment
- Strong Enterprise Risk Management and credit analysis experience
- Experience on the buy side preferred
- Excellent hands on working knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools, SAS, SQL, Python, R
- Experience within credit risk modeling or Economic Capital systems
- CFA or FRM designations are a huge plus!!