Irvine, CA 92603
Title: Data Engineer
Location: Irvine, CA
Our Southern CA based client is seeking an accomplished Data Engineer. The ideal candidate will have a expertise in managing complicated databases. This role is responsible for leading the overall database systems strategy and execution. This is an opportunity to join a high performing team where you'll work autonomously to proactively identify opportunities for insightful analytics as well as provide quick response to ad hoc requests.
Entrepreneurial mindset required!
Ability to thrive in a performance based environment!
Data Engineer Responsibilities:
* Provide direction in regards to the company's data management procedures and policies
* Engineer a modern data pipeline, to collect, cleanse and process diverse data from internal and external sources
* Develop and document data features to facilitate analytics and model development
* Create reusable code modules and packages that can be leveraged across the company's data pipeline
* Integrate outcomes as real time data products
* Identify open source as well as proprietary third party data that will enhance ability for company to perform advanced analytics
* Present results in a professional manner
* Create queries, exports, and interfaces to facilitate analysis
* Manage database system vendors and other third party relationships
* Manage data imports and onboarding of new clients into the database
* MS SQL Server and SQL stored procedures
Data Engineer Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics or Applied Math or related field
* At least 7 years experience in a technical role
* 3 years experience in a data analysis/data science role required
* Programming expertise in SQL, Python/R, Shell scripting
* Proven experience in database systems, ETL, data modeling and data governance
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skillset including: model building, model optimization, VBA, macros, complex lookups, etc.
* Proficiency in feature engineering (transformation, binning, dimensionality reduction techniques)