Director, Data Engineering
Philadelphia, PA 19019
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Salary: $200,000 - 230,000
Contact: Paul Chatlos
Director of Data Engineering Job Responsibilities:
Be a thought leader in Big Data, Data Analytics & Data platforms!
Working with the business data science and analytic teams, this role will establish and operationalize the company's enterprise data and analytical technology capabilities. The Director will set the technical direction of platforms, drive innovation, and provide operational leadership of the enterprise analytics, intelligence and data science platforms and services.
Director of Data Engineering Job Requirements
* Lead data related activities (data discovery and organization on SQL/Big data stack, cleansing and data prep) to support development of new data science approaches
* Deliver innovative solutions (machine learning, artificial intelligence, advanced visualization, real-world complex data strategies, retail informatics) that align with business needs
* -In partnership with the business analytics teams, establish platform strategies and evolution of enterprise data and analytical capabilities including shared services
* Articulate an enterprise integrated data roadmap to model future state capabilities and be critically focused on developing new functional assets to accelerate the data services product development.
* Work cross-functionally to develop effective communication and training vehicles for other IT and business teams on platform services and roadmaps, and elevate line function skills-sets in adeptly executing advanced analytics using central ways of working and tools.
* Be a thought leader in Big Data, Data Analytics & Data platforms
* Enable company's analytics capabilities including the exploitation of big data and sourced data as well as the exploration of dark data, using a combination of open source, cloud and social era tools and techniques for data analytics, mining and visualization.
* Contribute to and support Master Data Management (MDM) efforts that enable how data will be used for business reporting and analytics .
Director of Engineering Minimum Requirements:
-BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
-8 -10 years of experience with data platforms and services
-10+ years of experience working data warehouses, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT and reporting/analytic tools and environments
-8 - 10 years of experience architecting, developing software, or internet scale production-grade Big Data solutions in virtualized environments
-5-10 years of experience in leading complex data science efforts
-Experience working with big data, information retrieval, data mining or machine learning as well as experience in building multi-tier high availability applications with modern web technologies (such as NoSQL, MongoDB, SparkML, Tensorflow)
-Knowledge of design, data structures and algorithms. Demonstrated knowledge of private and public cloud design considerations and limitations in the areas of virtualization, global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing, networking, massive data storage, Hadoop, MapReduce, and security
-Experience in quantitative analytics (marketing analytics, statistical modeling, machine learning, digital attribution, forecasting, optimization, predictive analytics)
-Exposure and understanding of existing, new and emerging information technologies, and high scale data processing environments
-Experience programming in Python and R