Executive Medical Director Oncology
Stamford, CT 06901
LOCATION: Stamford, CT
COMPANY: TOP PHARMA COMPANY
COMPENSATION: $220K-$350K BASE + BONUS + LONG TERM INCENTIVE + AMAZING BENEFITS
CONTACT: KEN KUPERSMITH- [email protected]
***SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY: IF YOU APPLY AND DO NOT MEET THE BELOW REQUIREMENTS YOU WILL NOT BE CONTACTED OR CONSIDERED***
* AT LEAST 7 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN BIOPHARMA INDUSTRY DRUG DEVELOPMENT
* STRONG ONCOLOGY THERAPEUTIC AREA UNDERSTANDING INCLUDING CLINICAL RESEARCH
* DOCTORATE REQUIRED (MD, PHD, PHARMD, ETC.)
Position Reports Directly to Head of Research & Development
Responsible for clinical development, due-diligence, and implementation of oncology medical development plans on late-phase program assets and to contribute to developing earlier-phase oncology projects. Serves as oncology medical lead on global oncology asset development team including early and late stage programs. Responsible for designing and conducting oncology medical programs resulting in quality regulatory submissions.
1. Has overall responsibility for creating and maintaining oncology clinical plans; provide strategic oncology related input across departments
2. Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the needs of oncology patients
3. Develop and execute clinical trial strategy and design working closely with Head of R&D, Corporate Business Development, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, and Commercial Development teams
4. Participate in review of promotional and medical materials to ensure content is medically appropriate and compliant with internal and external requirements.
5. Provides input and medical review of clinical documents, including protocols, IBs, study reports, statistical analysis plans, publications, CSRs and clinical sections of regulatory submissions.
6. Authors protocols, protocol synopses and other clinical and regulatory documentation, with internal and external colleagues, to successfully achieve clinical validation of safety and efficacy of oncology assets
7. Represent company externally at scientific meetings, advisory boards, and through high impact presentations, publications, and other scientific communications.
Education & Experience Requirements:
1. MD/PhD in life sciences or healthcare required with post graduate qualification and specialization in oncology.
2. 10+ years relevant experience in drug development in a biotech/ pharmaceutical company.
3. Experience in analysis of research data and publications; working knowledge of biostatistics and pharmacokinetics; expert knowledge of scientific and clinical research methods and clinical study design.