Senior Manager, Data Science
San Francisco, CA 94016
Title: Senior Manager, Data Science, Revenue Optimization andPricing Strategy
Location: San Francisco, CA
Salary: $180,000 - 220,000
Our client is seeking a Revenue Optimization and Pricing Strategist to design, develop and implement Revenue Management programs to drive increased sales at profitable margins. This role will be responsible for building the company's pricing models and partnering with internal colleagues to deliver results and achieve KPI's.
Principal Data Scientist Responsibilities:
* Develop Revenue Management strategies and tactics to maximize key business objectives
* Lead a high performing team of Revenue Modeling & Pricing Data Science resources
* Collaborate with team members to provide recommendations for managing growth
*Collaborate with senior leadership & internal stakeholders to ensure pricing tactics balance growth with profitability
* Provide data-driven strategies for all pricing, promotion and growth-driving business opportunities
* Partner with internal team members to help inform the evaluation of partnership and affiliate deals
* Provide strategic guidance on all revenue-related initiatives
* Proactively identify new opportunities for growth
Principal Data Scientist Required Experience and Skills:
* Master's in Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or a related field, PhD preferred.
* Over 5 years proven experience building revenue management models and pricing frameworks.
* Expertise solving revenue-related business problems using stochastic, heuristic or deterministic methodologies using R, SAS or other similar analytical tools
* In depth understanding of Revenue Management principles including but not limited to statistical segmentation, data normalization, market response modeling and price optimization.
* Ability to measure price sensitivity and build pricing frameworks